sync with google

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rob129, Oct 15, 2008.

1. rob129 macrumors newbie

Is there a way that I can sync my google calandar with my iphone. When I was using a BB it had a very nice sync with Goog

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

3. rob129 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dwcliff macrumors newbie

dwcliff

If you are not already using exchange server try out nuevasync for syncing your google contacts and/or calendar with the iphone. Works great!!

5. rioja macrumors regular

Search for SaiSuke in the app store. it's $0.99, works great for me

6. trashy macrumors newbie

make that $9.99

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

The choice to use Google Calender is right there in iTunes when you plug up your iPhone. Just go to the second tab, look at calender and hit the drop down...Google Calender is right there.

If you are using Outlook on your computer you can "Google" Google Calendar Sync 0.9.3.3 which you down load and install and it allows your google calendars to sync with your outlook calendar which in turn syncs to your iPhone...ALL FREE. It is a 2-way sync so what you do on one of the 3 shows on the other two.

8. jjprusk macrumors member

sync with google

This really doesn't help and I don't think this is what the original question was about. What is really needed is a mechanism to sync. google calendars directly with the iPhone - either by google supporting activesync protocol or better would be for Apple to support CalDav on the iPhone calendar app. Having to connect your iPhone directly to a computer for syncing doesn't really work as many people want their calendars updated in real-time. Google calendars do sync directly with CalDav clients (such as the calendar app on OSX) so there is not need for downloading anything onto your computer.

9. consumedsoul macrumors regular

Researching into Spanning Sync, looks like a real winner. Going to migrate our small biz (4-5 of us) off of hosted Exchange and move us to Google Apps Premium + Spanning Sync. :]

10. rioja macrumors regular

OMG... I swear this thing was .99 when it first came out. That's quite the price jump!

11. motherduce macrumors 6502

Been using Spanning Sync for a while now. They keep adding great features, like Contact sync, that make it worthwhile. Save $5 using the link in my signature, and enjoy the simplicity for $20.

12. kzoojason76 macrumors member

13. BNZ1 macrumors regular

Yeah I use this with Outlook/Google Calendar sync app so iphone and outlook are updated without having to plug them in to each other.

I really want a way to sync outlook tasks to the iphone, doesnt even need to be wireless!

14. Bodah macrumors regular

I will also suggest nuevasync.com

It works great for Calendar and Contacts.
    Starting yesterday, they started syncing only the google "My Contacts" instead of all contacts including "Suggested Contacts."

The only drawback is that for calendar, it combines all of your calendars into one, so you don't get different colors.

Best of all, its free.

15. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

here is my setup.

I've stopped using caldav with google since it kept asking for password on my mac or some authorization.
    i use busysync. It syncs my ical to google with no issues.I use nuevasync to get it on my iphone.
    any changes made on ical is pushed instantly to gcal. nuevasyncs detects that it shows up when i open up iphone cal.
    If you make a change on google cal, busy sync has a time interval to check from 1 min to whenever for any gcal changes. So its not bad.I usually use iphone cal to set things as im out and about and when i get home its all synced.

I will check the spanning sync pros and cons.

16. kzoojason76 macrumors member

Hold tight. They in the process of testing the multi-calendar (with colors), and also syncing public calendars (like Holidays). Word on the street is that they would like to get this rolled out by the end of the year.

- Jason

17. chanatown macrumors member

18. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

What's so bad about just downloading Google Mobile App for free. It has Google Calendar right on it, no need to sync anything.

19. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Agreed! Wireless (OTA) sync, simple and effective. And, as mentioned...free. :)