Sync with iCal, Files through Wifi, Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psymac, Mar 13, 2008.

1. psymac macrumors 6502

Is the only way to sync my iCal events (as well as files) with the iPhone and my Mac mini through the iPhone dock? Would hopefully like to do this automatically through WiFi or Bluetooth. If not able to do so, would a third party have the ability to write this app with the SDK for iPhone?

2. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

At the moment, you can only sync via the dock, yes. I don't know if such a thing would be possible via wifi or Bluetooth with 3rd-party software, but if you're close enough to hypothetically be able to sync with one of those methods--particularly Bluetooth--why not just plug it in?

3. psymac thread starter macrumors 6502

I have three Macs at my office, be nice to auto sync with all three, rather than each individually. So, I can sync files on the iPhone, using it like a portable HD?

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i do not beileve it would be possible with the SDK, because from all that i have heard, developers do not have bluetooth abilities through the SDK APIs

5. Profete162 macrumors newbie

Any news since 2008?

I really would like to sync my Ical events with wifi...

It seem to be impossible but i can't believe this!

thank for your help

6. symlink macrumors newbie

You want to sync iCal events / appointments? Sync to google on both sides (spanningsync) or get mobileme...

With mobile me you can sync with whatever computers you want...

But its not blue-tooth - its wi-fi (even better if you ask me)...

7. Profete162 macrumors newbie

Ok thank. The problem is that we have to pay for mobileme, or get Internet for Google!

The simple way to add an item to Ical on my Mac and transfert to Ipod without the cable or Internet seem impossible :mad:

8. efice32 macrumors 6502

umm...you'd need internet to sync through wi-fi even if you don't use Google

sounds like you're looking for a bluetooth sync, which doesn't exist yet

9. Profete162 macrumors newbie

No bluetooth.. just wifi ( Ihave an Ipod Touch and i don t want to use the cable all the time )

Is our question stupid?

We have a full Technology and perfect Ipod/Iphone but it seem impossible to use wifi to sync, to use it as a USB key, to take movies without jailbreak, etc...

I really don t understand the Apple "money maker" philosophy

10. Cim55 macrumors newbie

I want exactly the same thing. It's annoying for me to plug the cable in all the time when entering iCal items.

However I do understand Apple's 'Make Money' philosophy and understand them wanting us to use MobileMe. However, this is over kill for me. I just want to leave my iPhone in the kitchen, bedroom etc and finish my calendaring on the iMac and have is sync up automagically ;)

Was hoping someone would punch out an app for this. Hmmm maybe a little bit of that money making philosophy could come my way if I develop one.....

11. Profete162 macrumors newbie

I got the perfect solution for all of you!!!

HERE IS A TUTORIAL: http://staynalive.com/articles/2009...dars-and-contacts-to-your-iphone-using-gmail/

Try this, you will be so excited!!!

My Iphone is in the kitchen, I add an event an my Mac or PC, and it get IMMEDIATLY on the iphone!!!

It works with calendar and contact, but sadly not with mail.

it's so exciting

12. KnottBadMacUser macrumors newbie

Syncing via "Bluetooth"

I too am completely shocked that I cannot sync my iCal events without connecting to my mac. For the first time I am quite disappointed in an apple product. This "Bluetooth" is a joke, only capable of syncing with other iPhone or iPods. My mac is an apple product as well why not st least include all apple products in the iPods "Bluetooth" capabilities. I cannot imagine it will take too long before there is some sort of solution for this. I am going to continue to search until there is a solution.

Sorry this wasn't helpful to anyone but me... :)
    :confused:

13. Profete162 macrumors newbie

I wrote the previous message ( 2 post on top of this one) nearly one year ago :p

I have now an Android phone, and my iPhone is sold! I just realize how it was difficult to synch stuff on the iPhone. Now with my HTC Desire, all seem really easier even on a MAC :p

But I was really happy on my iPhone with the answer i gave 2 post on top this one. The exchange synch was great.

Don't worry with the bluetooth if the internet can do the synch.