Sync work exchange calander with gmail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmichael99, Aug 21, 2014.

1. jmichael99 macrumors member

not sure if what I'm asking is possible.

I have 2 iphones 5s's one is work one is personal. My work has exchange and my gmail (i don't sync mail, but everything see i do) My personal has gmail but no exchange.

So do I have a way to do a 1 way sync from exchange to gmail so i can see my work calendar on my personal device?

2. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

You can easily set up both. When you set up Gmail (not Exchange) on your iPhone, make sure to enable Calendar as well as Mail. Do the same when setting up your Exchange account. Note that your Gmail (not Exchange) calendar will have to fetch updates from the server.

3. jmichael99 thread starter macrumors member

I already have it setup like this.
    Work phone:
    Exchange Calendar turned on
    Gmail Calendar turned on

Personal Phone:
    Gmail Calendar turned on

Edit:

I know i could easily just add exchange to my personal but i don't want my work email on my personal phone

4. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

But you want to access it on your personal phone?

You could try using the Gmail app so it's less permanent.

5. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

So you would like done form of gmail plugin that pulls in work calendar entries into the gmail calendar? Hence the only account you would have is gmail on the personal phone?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you saying you don't want to have the whole Exchange account on your personal phone, or just don't want to get work email there (in which case you can still add the account but just not enable the mail part and only the calendar part)?
    Google used to provide a tool like that themselves, but stopped offering it a couple of years ago unfortunately.

There are some other suggestions for similar tools as mentioned in various places online, like http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/calendar/oggsync/calendar/SwEQYcVeboc/kZxvWhdHaRYJ