Sync'd to the 'wrong' Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by videoed, Jul 6, 2010.

1. videoed macrumors regular

Hi,

My iPad is sync'd to my laptop and I figured that since I have my tower authorized to my account that I would be able to work with both my tower and my laptop as if they were one.

My mistake.

Now I am hoping to start syncing to my tower, but the evil "all existing apps and their data will be destroyed" message is staring at me.

I have been transferring all of my apps to this tower and I'm not worried about losing my apps off my ipad, I am however worried about losing my information on many of my apps.

I have performed a 'backup' of my iPad to my towers iTunes, but I have never done this before and don't really understand everything about it.

Can I now sync my iPad to my tower and restore my iPad with the iTunes on it?

thanks

2. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

As far as I'm aware the backup doesn't store any 'in app' data so it'll all be wiped when you re-sync to your new computer.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

That is untrue. Your backup does save your third party app information. I think you should be good.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Copy the iTunes folder from your notebook to your desktop. That should allow you to sync with both computers.