Synced event loses "linkage" if changing its calendar

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Latte, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Latte macrumors newbie

Hi all,

After upgrading to the "new" mobileme, I have discovered that changing calendars for an event seems to break the link between devices.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Explanation: If I change calendars (say, from Home to Work) for an event on an iOS device, then this seems to break its link to the same event on other devices — i.e. after that, it stops syncing thru mobileme. (Other events keep syncing fine, it's just this one, altered event that loses contact.)

Here's what I do:

* I add an event on my Mac.
    * I wait until it's synced to my iPhone and iPad
    * On my iPad, I change the calendar for it, e.g. from Home to Work.
    * I wait. Nothing happens on the other devices.

Suddenly, I have two, non-synced, non-linked events, one that resides on the iPad and one that resides on both the iPhone and my Mac.

Then, if I go to my Mac and change the event's time, the time for the event on my iPhone (the linked copy) will update accordingly.
    On my iPad, the event will stay unaltered: The wrong time, the wrong calendar. And no new instance of it will be added.

Also, deleting the ipad event won't delete the event on iphone/mac and vice versa.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

/Latte

2. Latte thread starter macrumors newbie

Possible solution...

For reference, if anyone else eperiences this: After a good hour in the online chat with Apple Support, it now seems that the problem was caused by an internal error in the process when upgrading from the "old" to the "new" mobileme.

So what I will have to do is to backup everything on mobileme — calendars, adresses, server-residing email, photo galleries, whatnot... — and then reset the mobileme service back to scratch. Guess it's gonna be a long weekend...

Anyways, just wanted not to leave the original question hanging unanswered in case someone comes here googling for the same problem.

/L.