Synced Pictures/Converting Videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lie41, Apr 30, 2009.

1. lie41 macrumors newbie

I know that itouch only holds certain types of photos like JPEG. I synced some photos and most of them are in JPEG format. However, many of them look broken, like having lines going through them and shifting to one side. What is wrong with my itouch??

Secondly I am currently using 2 converters to convert videos that I want to sync to my itouch. First one to fit into the second one. And the second one converts videos to mp4 format. Is there an easy-to-use converter that can convert most of the videos??

Thank you^^

addition: I have heard about jailbreak. What can you use it for? and is it safe for your itouch? And do I get into trouble for doing that?? like when I send my itouch to get it fixed??

2. wardev macrumors regular

her we go...

Ok, first of all, i suggest you use handbrake to convert your videos(especially on a mac), it has built in presets for several devices. Although this is common among encoders/converters, it does take about as long as it does to convert it as it takes to watch it when converting a DVD. With a digital medium its much faster.
    http://handbrake.fr/

As for jailbreaking...
    Its never 100% safe but if you do it right, you will be well off. It is not illegal or "wrong" to jailbreak your iPod, it does void your apple warranty, that doesn't mean someone else won't service you. If you have a 2g Touch with 2.2.1 software, I use quickfreedom. The first time i used it, it was perfect.

As for what you can get with jailbreaking, there are many things. the most alluring is free apps (cracked from the app store) from installous. Also there are many programs you can download from cydia. Like bossprefs, background runner, winterboard(to change you theme), mycinema, and much more! Hint: i said "much more!" because i still haven't discovered everything yet.