Synced to another library for ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tonydsam, Sep 24, 2010.

1. tonydsam macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2010
    Hi, whenever I try to sync my ringtones in iTunes it says I am synced to another library and it will erase everything if I choose to sync. EveryThing else is syncing ok so I can't be synced to another library. Any ideas what is going on and what I can do to fix this? I know there are other programs like copytrans that I could try to use but don't really want another program just to do my ringtones:mad:
  2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Are you unchecking ringtones after you sync ringtones? That would cause that. You need to leave the checkbox checked.
  3. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2010
    Ringtones are not set to sync, so i change this so I can select the new ringtone that I have created, I select the ringtone and click apply. When I then click on sync it comes up with the library message. I only have a few previously sync ringtones on here so aim not worried if I lose these as long as I can get them back on here but if it is going to erase my photos and apps then I don't want to do this.
  4. tonydsam thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2010
    I decided to just sync again. I lost all my photos but just resynced them so I now have the new ringtones I wanted.