Synch palm tungsten to ical

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fellowsbj, Apr 18, 2010.

1. fellowsbj macrumors newbie

I'm trying to sync my Palm (Tungsten E) to iCal and am having problems. I can synch fine into the palm desktop.

* Is it possible to sync to iCal?
    * Is it possible to sync the Palm address book also?
    * Do I need 3rd party software to be able to sync?

I'd like to get this working as I plan to upgrade to an iPhone as soon as the 4G version comes out and would like all my data transferred over before I make that change.

Thanks for the help.
    Betty
    bettyfellows@yhoo.com

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you have 10.6, you are one version too late to use Apple's iSync application with Palm products. Apple removed native support for Palm device syncing from 10.6 because Palm hasn't made updates to the Palm Desktop software in...let's say awhile.

That said, I recall that Palm Desktop should be able to export to .ics/iCal format. Which means you can import calendar files from Palm Desktop into iCal. I would assume the same export/import functionality would be needed for bringing contents into Address Book. Address Book can import LDAP Interchange Format (LDIF), tab-delimited, and comma-separated value (CSV) formats, and also vCards (.vcf).

The Missing Sync offered by markspace.com may allow you to get it in there directly but its $40 software. Here are the system requirements they list.

3. kmoser macrumors newbie

Convert Palm Calendar to CSV

You can use this website to convert your Palm Datebook to CSV (comma separated value) format, which you then should be able to import into iCal:

http://www.kmoser.com/palm2csv/