Synching 2 iPods with one iTune Library on one Mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by YS2003, Jul 10, 2007.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Can someone tell me how I can synch 2 separate iPods (iPod Mini and new iPod Nano) with one iTune Library in one Mac? Basically, I want to use 2 iPods for the same iTune library so that I can use either iPod depending on my mood. I tried to search the forum but my initial search did not catch the answer I was looking for; so, I thought I would rather post this and ask it.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

should work without a problem. i don't know that you can snyc them at the same time. but it won't be an issue.

your best bet is to probably manage them through playlists, and have a playlist(s) for each since you'll want specific things on one or the other i'm guessing.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Yeah, no problem. I do it with a shuffle and a 3g ipod. Just plug it in. First time will ask you if you want to sync the iPod with the computer.

You can sync both at same time, or at least more or less. I've had both plugged in at once, and both show up in iTunes at the same time.

4. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

For some reason, my iPod Nano is not synching with the iTune library even though iPod Mini is doing just fine. Nano stuck in the middle of synching at the song #165 out of the total 505 songs for some reasons. I kept Nano/iTune/Mac running all day in hope they will complete the synching; but, it did not. Any suggestion? I did "restore" for the Nano to no avail.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

perhaps that song file is corrupted. try deselecting it and see if it can finish without said song.

6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

I'm doing the same thing with a first gen nano and a brand new orange shuffle. Going swimmingly so far.

7. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

If you want different songs on the iPods, set them to only sync specific playlists and manage content that way.