Synching and deleting photos from Iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EricaV, Dec 1, 2010.

1. EricaV macrumors regular

EricaV

I've been using iphoto to back up my iphone4 photos. When you first load photos onto the mac there is the option to delete photos from the phone. I don't always want to delete right away though.

I'm trying to figure out how to delete photos from the iphone- and/or re-load iphone photos or other photos back onto my phone. Is Iphoto the best program for this ? Any other method/program you like better ?

All responses appreciated !

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes. You can use iPhoto to take off/put back on pictures to your iPhone.

3. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Short of mounting the iPhone as a disk (which requires a 3rd party software), I'm not aware of another simple program on a Mac besides iPhoto (that integrates with the Photo app on the iPhone).

For me, the easiest way is to use albums in iPhoto. Download all of your pictures from the camera roll when you sync and delete them from your phone. Now, in iPhoto set up one or more albums and in iTunes, select which albums you want to sync. Now, you can control exactly which photos you have on your iPhone and which ones you don't.

I have 5 or 6 photo editing apps on my iPhone, and they can all access photos in the albums, so no problems there.