Synching and DOWNLOADING music in iTunes

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Gmouse, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Gmouse macrumors regular

I have an iMac, iPhone, and iPad, and they are all connected with iTunes from the iMac, if I buy music on any one device, it automatically downloads to the other two--doesn't just stay in iCloud (I don't have a lot of music, and I do have a lot of storage on all three devices.

I also have a 2015 Retina MacBook, that is not connected to the other three with iTunes (I don't see a way to do that?). I do have the same iTunes Store Apple ID for all four devices, so, when I buy any music from any of the four devices it appears on the other three...however, the music NEVER automatically downloads to the MacBook...as I found out while traveling and trying to play music on a plane...nothing there to play, since it all had to be downloaded from iCloud. Oddly enough, when I buy music on the MacBook, it DOES appear and download on the other three devices, just not the other way around.

What do I need to do to get the MacBook to fully sync and download my music when purchased on the other devices?

Thanks!

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

on the Macbook, go to iTunes / Preferences / Store, Automatic Downloads, tick the boxes you need.