Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
If I bookmark a page on my iPhone or iPad, when is it supposed to synch to the other devices - my iPhone, iPad, Macs? I keep checking and it does not seem to update the bookmarks on the other devices. Is this reliable? I can't always remember to check to see if my other devices have been updated with the bookmarks. I have it set to synch bookmarks through iCloud on each device.

Thanks.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If I bookmark a page on my iPhone or iPad, when is it supposed to synch to the other devices - my iPhone, iPad, Macs? I keep checking and it does not seem to update the bookmarks on the other devices. Is this reliable? I can't always remember to check to see if my other devices have been updated with the bookmarks. I have it set to synch bookmarks through iCloud on each device.

Thanks.

Are you logged into Safari on your Mac?

Comment

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I didn't know I needed to log into Safari. Where do you even do that? I though iCloud would just synch the book mark file from Safari across my devices.

Maybe I should give Chrome a try.

Thanks.

Comment

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Maybe I should give Chrome a try.

Thanks.

Chrome is awesome when it comes to syncing, it sinks not just your bookmarks but everything in the browser, even extensions.

Another cool feature is that if you have a set of tabs open in Chrome in your computer, you can access those tabs in Chrome for iOS (and viceversa).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.