Synching iPhone Reminder with Outlook?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hrothgar, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

I'm creating reminder on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to get them synched to my Outlook so that they pop up on my work computer. (Instead of just on my iPhone.)

I'm using Office for Home & Business 2013. On the iPhone, it's set to synch reminders. I checked the settings under Tasks on Outlook but don't see anything about synching.

Any ideas?

2. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

If you have exchange properly set up to sync everything then you should be fine.

On my phone my outlook reminders always show up in my "tasks" list in the reminders app, not on the standard "reminders" list. You have to click the title to get all the cards and then you can switch between them.

integration is not that great. setting alerts to the tasks at specific times always gets wonky.

3. impaler macrumors 6502

So long as you have Windows 7 or 8, you need to install iCloud Control Panel for Windows. Download here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

Once in, you can configure it to sync with Outlook.

4. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

Joe -- how should I set up exchange?

If I download the iCloud control panel onto my Windows PC and synch it -- is there a good chance that it's going to screw up all of my Outlook contacts? (I've found that synching contact lists often ends with about 75% duplicates and a lot of clean-up time.)

I currently have my iPhone set to synch Outlook contacts with Gmail contacts. (the intention being that a change/addition in Outlook contacts will synch through to Gmail, and vice-versus. I'm not sure if it's working, however.)