Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Hi all,

Just a quick question... I use a PC and a Mac. I have my music, apps etc on my PC desktop, and my photos and videos on my Macbook.

Just got an iPhone 4, is it possible to use my PC to sync most of my stuff, then plug it into my Macbook and sync only my photos and videos and nothing else?

Is this possible?

Cheers in advance..

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
It's not designed for that. It's designed to sync to one computer only. There may be third-party stuff available to help. But not from Apple.

Thraun

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Far as I know, the closest you can get is checking off 'Manually manage music and videos' in the iPhone summary page in iTunes. This will basically allow you to grab movies and music from any iTunes library and put them on the iPhone. Photos, apps and all else still can only sync from one library.

I'd recommend consolidating your libraries onto one machine. You can have your iTunes library on an external drive too, if there's not enough room on just one of your machines.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
It's not designed for that. It's designed to sync to one computer only. There may be third-party stuff available to help. But not from Apple.

But isn't it possible to sync from any computer you connect the iPhone to? Even in my case, a second one?

Can't I just tick music, contacts, calendars to sync on my PC. Plug it into my macbook and tick only photos and videos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.