Synching Mac Mail Program w/ Yahoo???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Graceful585, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Graceful585 macrumors member

I have an Apple Mac OS X 10.5.4, with the standard mail program version 3.4. How do I sync my Yahoo mail inbox and folders (the ones I have created for organization) to my mail program on my macbook? I've had my MacBook Pro for over a year now and I've tried to sync them before with no luck so I thought someone would be able to shed some light on this for me.

Thank you

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. Graceful585 thread starter macrumors member

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. Graceful585 thread starter macrumors member

so...I guess what I hear you saying is that unless I'm a paying member of Yahoo IMAP then I can not get that email through my Mac mail program...that stinks....but I'll just continue what I've been doing for a year now. Thanks for responding.

6. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Yeah its pretty lame, I just realized the same thing, that you can't link them together unless you pay for Yahoo imap.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

8. dishm macrumors newbie

It's worse than that...

I actually pay Yahoo for the ability to get my yahoo mail through Mail and for some reason this process just stopped working about abuot 18 months. Yahoo can figure it out and I have confirmed the setting in mail are correct a half dozen times. Yahoo is always trying to improve their services, but they seem to hav broken something this time... very annoying.

Maybe I'll try gmail.

Thanks,
    Mark