Synchronicity Out, any reason why apple didn't do this natively?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aelalfy, Aug 29, 2010.

1. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Any idea why apple didn't include is in the OS. I think iPhone 4 should and can handle it so why not make it an iPhone 4 feature? Also price of this app is $2 which is well worth it

AE

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Even though the developer mentions the slight lag, the entire community would cause a fuss over that if Apple implemented it.

3. nabechu macrumors 6502

If it causes any type of lag, Apple will be against it.

4. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, could you elaborate on this this comment? I'm not following. Also I'm sure if it was integrated natively, it could limit functionality and not allow task that take a lot of CPU juice.

Thanks
    AE

5. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Complaint title ex.: "phoen lags whn syncng n browsin safrri WTH APPLE >:-((((("

6. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh ok I get it, but i'm assuming this doesn't lag all the time. The description says it can lag when using task that involve heavy cpu use. Apple could limit functionality to apps that don't take much cpu, ie msging or something.

Thanks
    AE

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

You think anyone would pay attention to that? It's a great idea indeed.

I may be interested if it makes the bar pop-up on connect rather than flipping the phone to the syncing screen. But so far I haven't been needing to do things while syncing.

I also wanted to try out the wireless syncing.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It can't hurt to recommend it to Apple. Obviously, you wouldn't want to mention the program. However, describing what it does would suffice.

Off topic: descent refers to a person's ethnic background.

9. musicmax macrumors member

Uh, because if you can't stand being "stuck" for two minutes during a sync you should increase your ritalin prescription?

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Yeah, that was made-up at 3AM.... thanks for the correction.

11. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's definitely not two minutes, backup and stuff takes a while sometimes, app syncing and stuff takes long as wlll. I mean when you sync your iPhone to iTunes, you can still use your computer, I think using your iphone is no different. I don't see this being a deal breaker, nor do I see myself using it much but it's always good to have options. Imagine you don't have a home phone and you want to make an important call but don't want to cause any damages to the phone while it's syncing, would be cool to use the phone. Rare I know!

Thanks
    AE

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I usually sync while I'm doing the nightly rituals. I ditched my land line years back, so I know how important it is to have use of my phone.
    Talking about it here is nothing more than a circle jerk. Like I said, suggest the idea to Apple. Maybe they haven't thought of it and maybe they have.

I hope I didn't come off as the spelling police. I wasn't sure if you didn't know or if you were sleepy. The sleepy has happened to me, so I understand that completely.

13. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Agreed ! And it would only take about 2 minutes if people would sync their phone more than once every 6 months.

Same people who scream when they lose their photos and contacts.

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

You're fine.

15. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

+1 Here I thought the guy would only sell 2 copies to his mom and dad. Guess there are a lot of lonely people who just have to be able to use their phone every minute. Sad.

16. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Wifi sync has made syncing 100x better/easier imo. I really have no excuse not to sync weekly

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I usually sync daily and I don't have the benefit of a wifi connection.

18. bripab007 macrumors 6502

I think I can wait the 45-90 seconds it takes to sync my phone...I can put it down for that long without suffering from withdrawl.

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Until I searched on what this app does, I didn’t get the joke. They need to change the name of this app to “Impatient."

20. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I timed a standard sync. Without any app updates or the like, it took my phone less than a minute. Ironically, I haven't even updated since Thursday because I forgot due to being tired from working OT.

21. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, because it is DANGEROUS, Same reason why is no a good idea to force Cydia to run in the background, every time you are Backing up, Reading/Writing to the file System is recommended not to execute any other activities, rick of corruption, failure and system crash are too high.

22. thep33t macrumors regular

I sync my phone with my media center, so in order to hook it up, I actually have to go in a room, open closet, hook phone up, go in other room, sync it, go back, etc. I am lazy and uninterested in doing that, no idea if i will use this app, but it might be worthwhile

23. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You sound like a candidate for WiFi Synch, not Synchronicity.

24. thep33t macrumors regular

I misread what this program did.

It is useless on further investigation.

25. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

This is why I wish HFS+ supported snapshots. This way, when a backup is started, a snapshot of the filesystem can be taken, so if something in the background is making changes, it won't interfere with the data being saved off.