Synchronising mouse speeds?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iamsen47, Jul 8, 2013.

1. iamsen47 macrumors regular

I have two mice. The magic mouse and the Logitech Touch, for some reason, the Touch is twice as sensitive as the MM. Anyone knows if there's any way to synchronise their sensitivity?

Another problem is page scrolling. Scrolling is smooth on the MM but really jerky on the Touch. Could it be a settings problem?
    I couldn't find anything in the control panel or mouse settings.

2. meistervu macrumors 65816

I don't have a Logitech Touch, but I do have a Kensington trackball. My experience may help.

I installed Kensington software and adjusted the sensitive of the trackball to my liking. I can't discern the variation in pointer speed between the trackball and the built in trackpad of my MBPr when things work properly. Occasionally, one every other week about, the trackball would feel very slow. All I had to do was to open System Preferences and bring up the Kensington trackball control panel and without doing anything else, the problem is fixed. I suppose doing so reload the driver for the trackball. So for your problem, my guess is that if Logitech provides a driver for its Logitech Touch, installing it and adjusting the sensitivity of the device is the solution.

As for scrolling, there is no adjustment that help make scrolling smooth on the trackball. This is one thing Apple built in trackpad is miles ahead of everything else I have tried.