synchronising RSS feeds to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by to1986, Sep 10, 2010.

1. to1986 macrumors regular

I know there are several apps which support google reader synchronisation, but i don't have an account. So i was wondering if there was a way I can sync the RSS feeds in my Mac Mail onto my iphone, or are there any apps that support it?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Don't think so. I'd suggest moving your RSS reading duties to an app like NetNewsWire that support Google Reader and then using one of the great GR clients on the iPhone (like Byline or Reeder). It's the best way I've found to keep things in sync and have an enjoyable experience on iOS as well.

3. to1986 thread starter macrumors regular

Netnewswire appears to have its own iphone app, which would be useful. I would rather have an app that isnt web based like google reader, just for convenience, so NetNewsWire might be what I am looking for. Have you used the iphone app? Do you know what the premium version offers?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The NNW iPhone app is not particularly well thought of around here. Like Killmoms said, Byline and Reeder are both good options. I prefer Reeder myself.

Also, Gruml is a desktop app alternative to NNW and is free. It syncs to Google Reader.