Synchronization problem in Final Cut Express HD 3.0

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by stringtheorist, Aug 11, 2009.

1. stringtheorist macrumors regular

I am trying to make a short (2min) video using footage imported from my camcorder but I can't get past the video capture stage. I import the video, save the project and view the footage in the Viewer window. All fine.

As soon as I hit "i" for In mark point the synchronization between video and audio becomes disrupted. I tried closing the project and reopening but the mismatch is still there. Even after I remove the mark points and play the file from the very beginning the audio and video don't match.

I have tried importing the footage again 2 or 3 times but this happens every time I start trying to edit it. Getting very frustrated now.

Can anyone help?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

If its just FCE that's being annoying you could always import using iMovie and then import the clips to FCE.

Noticed you're on 3.0 if your camera is fairly new (as in after 3.0's release) then it may not be supported.

Consider getting 4.0.1 which should be cheaply flying around on eBay or craigslist or gumtree!

It has support for lots of new cameras including avchd

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

What format is your video imported as? When you look at the audi tracks what does FCE think they are?