Syncing 2 Calendars on 2 iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nachando, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Nachando macrumors newbie

My wife and I both have iphones and we both have busy schedules. I was wondering if there is a way that we can both sync our calendars. My wife uses a PC and I a Mac and we create schedules on our separate computers and sync on our own iPhones. Is it best to use Google Calender or something like that?

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Why don't you both use your respective calanders on your computers and then sync them to a "Family" Google calender, then sync the iPhone to the Family Google Calender.

You can use Google Calender Sync 0.9.3.3 to sync with Outlook, and I am sure there is a Mac equivalent.

Good Luck

3. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

With a MM family pack, my wife and I each have separate mm emails. My accnt is the primary.

on my phone I have my MM accnt configured for email contact calendar push

on her phone she has her MM account set for just email and she has my accnnt added but set for only for calendar and contact push.

the result is that we can share contacts and calendars but have separate emails. both phones show the calendars which we differentiate by group/calendar name, and our contacts use groups as well.

any changes made to calendars or contacts update both of our phones, my MM website, and the home mac. The only downside is that if she goes to her MM website, it won't show calendars or contacts. I get around that by exporting data up to it from the mac on a semi-frequent basis.

as to the PC element you can sync her pc to your MM using the MM plugin. I have found it very problematic and don't use it. That would give her the calendars and contacts. She would then add her accnt for email syncing. I'm not entirely sure that would work though.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

This is one functionality of MobileMe that really needs to be addressed.

We are on family MobileMe. My wife and I both have our own calendars but we need to use the same contact list. MobileMe will not allow this. Kind of frustrating.

5. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

You can use the work around I mentioned to do that.
    your iphone syncs using your accnt, email and calendars, and contacts
    her iphone syncs using her accnt, email and calendars
    add your accnt to her iphone but select it to sync only contacts. The only thing that won't get updated with the contacts is her MM web access, but you can periodically upload a fresh data set to it. Any changes either of you makes to your contacts will get updated to both phones, you computer, and your mm web access.

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

This does not work. When I add my account to my wife's phone and activate only the contacts feature, it shuts off everything on her side except mail. When I turn on calendar and contacts on her side, it renders my account inactive (on her phone).

There is no way to access calendars and contacts from two accounts on one iPhone. It just doesn't work that way.

7. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

it should work...it's working on my iPhones. maybe I'm not understanding the issue. as I understand it you want to share contacts, but have separate emails and calendars. we have our calendars all set under my accnt on the home mac and use different calendar names for each of our calendars. you can then filter what you want to view on the iphone.

maybe delete the accounts on the iphone and re-add them. when you added your accnt to her phone did you disable contact syncing on her mm accnt first?

we have mm family pack
    on my phone I have my mm accnt syncing email, calendar, and contacts
    my my wife's phone she has her mm accnt syncing email, and my accnt syncing calendar and contacts. All are set to push.

any change to contacts or calendars show up on our mac, and both of our phones and my mm web access.

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Ah...Now I see the difference. My wife has her own calendar on her own account on the iMac. You are using your own account to handle both calendars at the same time.

Hmm, interesting idea. Might have to try that.