Syncing 4s to 5 without losing data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jellybeanblue, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jellybeanblue macrumors newbie

Hi, my son has just upgraded his 4s to an iphone 5 and tried syncing his new phone to his computer. The computer crashed and we thought we had lost the hard drive but managed to rescue it. We think it was because the computer is not capable of dealing with the software of the iphone 5.
    He has then gone and put itunes on my computer and synced the 5 to that. When he then trys to sync his 4s so that he can transfer all his other stuff like apps and games won't sync with the computer. He is being told they will be deleted. How do we get all apps and saved data to the new iphone 5

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sync it with the old library.
    Or copy all the stuff from the old computer to the new one.

3. Jellybeanblue thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't sync the iphone 5 with the old library because that is on a computer that will crash if I try to do that. It was telling me the hard drive had failed but we managed to rescue it. It doesn't have the capability of dealing with IOS6

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I never heard of such thing as a computer not being able to handle iOS 6.0 devices.
    Did you update the iTunes version?
    Either way if you want to start syncing with a new library then you will have to copy the old stuff to the new computer and sync them again. Cause once you sync with a new computer the old stuff will remove.