Syncing Address Book and Address Book Groups with Google Contacts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DennyL, May 17, 2010.

1. DennyL macrumors newbie

I have set up my Mac Address Book to sync with my Google Contacts. I have created some groups in my Google Contacts and I have created some groups in my Mac Address Book. These groups are not identical. After a period of time shouldn't they be?? What should happen in such a situation? How is the best way to manage Contact groups?

I have an iPhone, and was looking at apps to create contact groups on it, but held back as I seem to be in a mess with my Mac and Google syncing, without adding to the confusion.:confused:

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.

2. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

From what I can see on the google website, the contact groups do not sync with the Apple address book contacts. Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong, because I have all my contacts organized on google, but at this time I don't think it can be done.

3. DennyL thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I have not had very good luck getting Google to sync with my iCal events/ Address Book contacts. Frustrating cause I like Google and I would love to be able to have my info available in Google format for Chrome OS. I really am interested in a Chrome OS netbook. iPad is closest device I have to a netbook.