Sync'ing addresses to gMail, no Mobile Me

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Tearabite, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

I use Google Contacts for my addresses, and sync between my Macs, iPhone, iPad, etc.
    As far as I can see, the only way to sync the Address Book app with Google Contacts is to enable Syncing via the Mobile Me preference panel. If I log-out of Mobile Me or dont have a Mobile Me account, I can't find any way to get my address book sync'd with Google Contacts ?!

Am I missing something? HOW can i sync my Google Contacts with Address Book, without signing in to Mobile Me ?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

preferences for address book
    accounts tab
    tick sync with google, and click configure button

3. Tearabite thread starter macrumors regular

Tearabite

Yah.. that's what i've been doing/how it's been.. but it will not sync with Google unless/until i sign into Mobile Me, and do a Sync Now from the Sync icon in the menu-bar..

If i am not signed into Mobile Me, how long/when should Address book sync with Google ?

4. Tearabite thread starter macrumors regular

Tearabite

ok, here is the problem - someone please verify/confirm that i'm not just crazy:

If the iSync icon is in your menu bar, you can sync no problem with our without Mobile Me.

If your Sync icon is not in the menu bar, and you DONT have a Mobile Me account or arent signed in (just sign-out to test), you cannot get into the preferences to display the sync icon in your menu !? :confused:

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Alternate solution if you have Numbers:
    Open a blank Numbers spreadsheet, open Address Book, and while viewing All Contacts select all and drag them to the Numbers document.

From here you should be able to export your contacts from Numbers to a .csv that you can import into Gmail.

Edit: Whoops... looks like I got pulled into an old thread. Oh well, maybe this will help someone some day.