Syncing an iPod with a new computer without losing apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by enbob, Feb 7, 2010.

1. enbob Guest

I have an iPod touch and a new iMac. I have a bunch of apps on my iPod that I can't get again because they were part of 'free for one day' promotions. How can I sync my iPod to my new iMac without losing all of my apps?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you plug your iPod into your new iMac, answer "NO" when iTunes asks if you want to sync your iPod (which will wipe it out).

In iTunes, right-click on where it shows your iPod, and click "Transfer Purchases".

This should move anything that came from the iTunes Store over to that iMac.

Won't help you with any music that didn't come from iTunes, though. If you need everything moved over, there are some "paid" programs that will copy everything from your iPod to another computer. Or if you still have that computer, and it's on the same network as your new iMac, use the Home Sharing feature in iTunes to move your stuff over.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Once you download an app from iTunes you can redownload it to the same account anytime no matter if it was free on promotion or not.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I don't think it'll work if you have cracked apps.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

go to the old computer and copy the apps onto a memory stick then copy them on to the new pc and activate itunes (if you dont need itunes on the old pc deactivate itunes) then just sync as normal

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. enbob thread starter Guest

After I hit transfer purchases, how do I know if it did what it's supposed to do?