Syncing and beyond

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AutoTank, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AutoTank macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I kind of have a problem which I need help with.

Ok so, my dad has an iphone and recently it stopped working completely. So he took it to the 02 store and they sorted it out. The bad thing is that they completely wiped everything off its hard drive.

Now, when he got it home, I was able to get the contacts back on. When I synced it to the computer, the files transfered, just like normal. In the info bar at the top in iTunes, it said it was transferring the apps as well, but it didn't. No matter what, I can't seem to get the apps to transfer. I've looked at the tab which says "applications" and the box to transfer those files is ticked, and you can see all the old apps he had. The same thing happens with music. I haven't tried with any other things, but I'm pretty sure it will be the same.

If it's any help, when the computer has finished syncing, the iphone still says "Syncing in progress" which seems a little strange. I don't know if that will change your replies.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Restore and try again. Did you set it up as a new phone, or restore it from a backup?

3. AutoTank thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, I actually don't know how to restore, or what it entails :S. Sorry.