Syncing and stuff makes 5s unrecognizable

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dekema2, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dekema2, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014

Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Hello,

I started this evening transferring photos from my 5s into iPhoto '09 (yes it's old I know...). I was able to do this successfully but received an error message a few times ("Error downloading image. iPhoto cannot import your photos because there was a problem downloading the image"). To correct this I went into the Activity Monitor and canceled the PTPCamera Process and Image Capture Extension process. The phone didn't show up in iPhoto so I tried again and it showed up. It gave me the option to delete images and I did. Unfortunately, I can't find the geodata in the "Places" map (I have a lot of locations I would like saved!), as it only shows older pictures. I tried restoring my iPhone from an iTunes backup I created before this, and now the phone is unrecognizable ("iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone. Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings"), perhaps because there wasn't much free space. Now I would just like to be able to sync with iTunes again and retrieve the original photos. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Worst of all, I can't find my backups anymore! It will only let me do a factory reset!

2. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Sorry for the double post, but to clarify:

Issue 1: I can't connect my phone to iTunes because of the stated error message.

Issue 2: I accidentally deleted pictures off my phone when importing into iPhoto, and I'd like to restore them with geodata.

3. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

4. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Is there a way to correct the problems then?

5. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Well since nobody else could help I found a solution by using iFunBox and deleting the iTunesCDB file on the iPhone to resync with iTunes and then re-transferring the pictures from iPhoto onto my phone.