Syncing apps to a new computer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stanny, Oct 22, 2009.

1. stanny macrumors 6502

I am currently using a PC + iTunes to sync with my iPod Touch. All my apps are on that PC. However, I would like to transfer my apps and sync with my Mac. I plugged the iPod Touch into my Mac and try to sync however it says it will erase all of my iPod Touch's apps and sync with the ones on my Mac in which case there are none yet. I don't want to lose all my save data on my installed iPod Touch's apps. Any idea?

2. marzy macrumors member

3. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

What should I transfer? The app files? So I would take all the app files and put it in my Mac and do a sync and it would remove all the iPod Touch's apps and sync it back again? This won't delete my save data?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Authorize your Mac with your iTunes account. (Menu -> Store -> Authorize) Then plug in your Touch, and right-click on its icon. Select "transfer purchases" from the pop-up menu.

5. stanny thread starter macrumors 6502

So after transfer purchases just sync and replace apps with the ones on my Mac? My data won't be lost?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Once you transfer the apps to your Mac, iTunes should stop trying to sync any apps, as they are on both your Mac and your Touch. If you hit "sync," it'll say "syncing..." but won't do anything.

Also, if you are worried about losing your data, make sure to backup your Touch (right click -> backup).