Syncing, Apps & Two Computers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by suekitch, Aug 22, 2010.

1. suekitch macrumors regular

Hi guys :)

I just bought a shiny new iPad - 32GB Wi-Fi & 3G model, and very happy so far. Just been toying about with it for starters really.

I've got an iMac and a MacBook Pro, the former being my primary machine. I'm away from it for a few days though, using the MBP. I've bought a few apps on the iPad itself, which have been backed up to the MBP.

When I get back home, will I be able to hook up my iPad to the iMac and get them talking happily to one another? I'm worried about losing my app purchases, but if I remember rightly, that shouldn't happen should it? It's just music that you have to be super careful with, right? (I've not done anything with music as that's all on my iMac)!

Cheers folks!

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am curious about this as well. Are both computers registered with the same iTunes account? I.e. Authorized? I normally sync everything with my windows machine but just got a Mac mini and trying to decide if I should add that machine to my authorize computer list.