Syncing between MBP & Mini

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mikemanch, Oct 17, 2011.

1. mikemanch macrumors newbie

Hey everyone

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything posted recently about this so here goes....

I have a MBP and a new Mac Mini - both running Lion - and am hoping to sync my iTunes and iPhoto libraries automatically. I will add content to my MBP and want it to transfer over to the Mini.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I've been looking at ChronoSync but am not sure if this will do exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

That is exactly what iCloud is designed to do. If you get your tunes from somewhere other than iTunes, you will probably have to buy the itunes match - think it's about $25 a year.

3. mikemanch thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah - I was wondering whether I could use iCloud / iTunes match for what I need but thought there would be a simpler solution...

I suppose I want something like Time Machine which does a direct copy straight to another machine rather than a back-up.

4. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

5. mikemanch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the Superduper suggestion.

I've just been looking on the Shirt Pocket website and reading some of the other threads on here and it looks like this may do what I need.

I wasn't planning on replicating the whole drive on the Mini but if that's what I need to do to have up to date iTunes & iPhoto libraries on the 2nd machine, then I can definitely live with it!

Thanks again.

6. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

SuperDuper is just that! When I was at Apple we used it religiously.