Syncing Bookmarks from Google Chrome?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by macosxuser01, Apr 25, 2012.

1. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

I know you can sync your bookmarks with Safari with your iPhone but it is possible to sync them with Google Chrome because I don't use Safari. And what I do to sync my bookmarks with my iphone is I export the bookmark HTML file from Chrome then import it threw Safari.

I just wish there was a way the bookmarks I have from Chrome would sync to my iPhone like Safari does

2. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

If this is possible to do from PC Chrome -> iPhone Safari, I'd love to know as well.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

4. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

You can also use Xmarks to sync them. I have the Xmarks addon in Chrome, and use the Xmarks for Safari program. I then use iTunes to sync the Safari bookmarks to my iPhone and iPad. Works perfectly.

5. Iamfound74 macrumors newbie

Can you please explain with a little more detail how I can sync my iPhone safari with my iPhone chrome bookmarks. Thanx in advance!

Iamfound74

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can use the OS X app BookMacster to keep your Mac Chrome bookmarks synced to Mac Safari, then turn on iCloud sync to keep those same bookmarks synced to iOS. If I am understanding your question correctly, that would do what you want.

7. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Yes! This will work. Thanks:)

8. szr macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure, that if you use a gmail or G+ account on Chrome on your phone and on a desired computer, it has the option to keep bookmarks and open tabs synchronized.