Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IMPOSSIBLEMAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Hi

I want to ask if it is possible to sync the calendar app with google calendar

Meaning when I create an event with the calendar app in my iphone, I want it to show up instantaneously in google calendar just like it does with icloud

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Hi

I want to ask if it is possible to sync the calendar app with google calendar

Meaning when I create an event with the calendar app in my iphone, I want it to show up instantaneously in google calendar just like it does with icloud

Yes, and it's easy!

Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Accounts/Add Account.../Exchange Account/ m.google.com

You can google some specific server directions, but it really is simple.

From then on, all your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars will sync instantly OTA with Google PUSH support.

It works well!

I did this until I grew tired of Google's Privacy policies, then abandoned Google altogether. If you're okay with Google's Policies, then you should enjoy the service.

Good luck!

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
and if you have multiple calendars on google, they way to get them onto your iphone is to go to m.google.com in Safari on your iphone and log into your google account. You'll then be able to choose which calendars you can sync with that device.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
and if you have multiple calendars on google, they way to get them onto your iphone is to go to m.google.com in Safari on your iphone and log into your google account. You'll then be able to choose which calendars you can sync with that device.

I noticed after updating my ipad to ios6 i had to go and re-do this, very odd..

You can then set the appropriate google calendar as the default for creating new entries.

IMPOSSIBLEMAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Thank you guys for replying but what I meant is the opposite way

When I create a new event using my iphone, I want it to show up in google calendar

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Thank you guys for replying but what I meant is the opposite way

When I create a new event using my iphone, I want it to show up in google calendar

The answer is yes. Both calendars sync to the other one. Both directions.
However, I've had best results setting Google up as a Gmail account as opposed to an Exchange account
You then get the option to switch on or off, Calendars, email and contacts individually

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.