Syncing calendars from Mac to iPhone without native apps and without cloud storage?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by CliftonHighgrov, Oct 11, 2014.

1. CliftonHighgrov macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

Hey,

One of my Macs is stuck on Mountain Lion because it's the only way I can sync my calendars from a third-party calendar app to my iPhone without using the "cloud". Once you upgrade to Mavericks, the non-cloud based calendar syncing only works between native apps (ie. Calendar.app and Calendar on the iPhone) because of the removal of the background syncing service. AFAICT the iTunes update didn't re-implement that aspect.

Does anyone know of a way of syncing between a third-party calendar app on a Mac running Mavericks and a third-party app on an iPhone without using the cloud? I have no wifi network where that Mac is so it'll have to either be via USB, Bluetooth or ad-hoc WiFi. I don't mind having to buy specific apps to make it happen, so long as they're, you know, decent calendar apps in and off themselves.

2. CliftonHighgrov thread starter macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

No solution for this? Garn, I'd've thought at least one enterprising dev would've tried to take advantage of cloud paranoia.

:(