Syncing College e-mail to Mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossoA, Oct 24, 2007.

1. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Hi there, I want to sync up my college email to Mail program so I can get it on my iPhone when I get it in 2 weeks.

I can access the emails from home and they're all there so I assume its POP/IMAP

Can someone talk me through the process?

Thanks

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Quite honestly, your college IT department will have the information you need, they're much more informed on their server email settings than we are here on MR.

Most colleges have an email walkthrough page on their website that gives you the correct settings required for each type of email program (Outlook, Mail, etc.), so my advice would be to contact them.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

College email...

is a breeze, but like the earlier poster said you must follow the step by step procedures that your college email suggests, whether it's IMAP/POP/VPN and 9 times out of 10 it will be POP. IMAP & VPN are pretty much for sending and receiving SECURED data, so that would be available to STAFF & FACULTY only. Just go to your college email website and you should be able to enter the information exactly as they instruct you. Keep Us Advised of the results! :cool: