Syncing contacts from iPhone to MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by carrollf, Aug 26, 2008.

1. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Hi,

I have no contacts at all on my MobileMe account but a large number of contacts on my iPhone. I want to be sure that when I sync the two, the contacts on my iPhone are not deleted! How can ensure that the sync only goes one way - from my iPhone to MobileMe and not the other way? Thanks

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

why don't you sync your phone on a computer and make your contacts go into Windows Address Book or Address Book.app (pending on the OS you're running)?

EDIT: hey look at that, next time I should read your signature before I post.

3. Donoghan macrumors regular

Donoghan

I think the only way to do that is to sync to your computer first, then sync the computer to MobileMe, then add your MobileMe account to your iPhone to pull your contacts back down to your phone. That's what I had to do anyway.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For the first sync you'll lose all your contacts on your iPhone. Do as others have said - sync with Address Book or whatever program for Windows and then sync that with MobileMe. Then you'll be able to get all the contacts you had back on the iPhone.