syncing deletes iCal events

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by llorban, Jan 25, 2008.

1. llorban macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed that events added on the iPod Touch are deleted upon synching with iTunes? Quite scary is what I've been seeing on mine...

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What firmware are you running? I think that the iCal events would only work properly on an iPod running 1.1.3

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Mine sync back just fine. Are you sure you have all the iCal sync settings correct in iTunes? Also, they all save to one specified calendar (if you have multiple). Are you sure you're looking at the correct one?

4. llorban thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I found what might be going on. Under the "Info" tab of the iPod sync options, there is a heading called "Calendars". At the bottom of the section, there is an option that allows us to select what calendar to transfer ipod touch added events. On my list, many of the calendars appear 2x. When I choose a calendar that appears only 1x on the list, the events transfer back okay.

Check out this screenshot: http://llorban.com/screen.tiff

Do you have any idea why that's happening or how to reset that list?

Thanks

5. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Hmm, your settings seem to be the same as my settings. When I make a new event in my iPod Calendar, when it syncs any new events in my Mac iCal get transferred over and at the same time the new event in my iPod Calendar gets transferred to my Mac under my "Home" calendar. Make sure in "Advanced" that you don't have "Calendars" checked for replacing information, and then go into your iCal and delete all your duplicate calendars.