Syncing downloaded pdfs in iBooks

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by KeepCalmPeople, Mar 7, 2013.

1. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

My wife has dozens of pdfs in iBooks on her iPad, which she downloaded from the Internet via Safari.

She has a new iPod touch and would like all the same pdfs in iBooks on that device too.

What are her options? Would an iTunes (PC) backup of her iPad include the pdfs, so that we could restore it to the iPod touch?

The only option within iBooks seems to be mailing each file. Right now I've installed Dropbox on each device and I'm going through the painful process of mailing each pdf to myself, then opening each email on a PC and saving the attached pdf to her Dropbox account.

Is there an easier way?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Both devices must be using same AppleID
    Go into iTunes when both devices are connected (one at a time of course) and turn on Sync all iBooks

3. joshforman macrumors regular

You could use iTunes file sharing to copy them all to the desktop, then add them to iTunes. They'll show up under Books in the sync settings.

4. KeepCalmPeople thread starter macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Some, but not all, of her PDFs show up under Books in the iTunes sync settings once the iPad has been synced. Weird. I was able to find them on the PC hard drive and copy them to Dropbox.