Syncing Entourage Accounts/Folders to Another mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kitster79, Oct 2, 2010.

1. kitster79 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I have a bunch of email account profiles, folders, rules and signatures in Entourage on my iMac. I just bought a MacBook Pro and I would like to set up all these same settings and preferences in Entourage on it. It took me FOREVER to set all these preferences on my iMac and REALLY do not want to have to do it manually again on my new MacBook Pro. Does anyone know how to sync the two Entourage's so that all of these preferences are copied over to my MacBook Pro's version of Entourage?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kit

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

3. kitster79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but isn't Migration Assistant for transferring ALL file setting/apps/users etc from another Mac? I don't want to overwrite anything that I already have on my MacBook Pro (except for Entourage). I'm not seeing an option in Migration Assistant to only select the Entourage files/settings.

Thanks

Kit

4. kitster79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone else help me with this? I went ahead and tired importing the rge file as the person above suggested but it did not pull in ANY of my email accounts/folders/settings/ etc. However, it did pull in all my past emails....just not any of my 4 set up accounts that I have on my old iMac....so I cant even send or receive mail from those accounts. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kit

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

On your old Mac, look in your Documents directory for a folder named Microsoft User Data. In that folder, you'll find a folder named "Office 2008 Identities". Move that folder to the exact same location on your new Mac. When you launch Entourage, it will either automatically open your data, or it might ask you to select the identity to use.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. joemanly macrumors newbie

Thanks Nadyne - you just saved me a lot of time and frustration - super easy fix!

Joe