General Syncing Exchange notes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by maclaw21, Mar 1, 2013.

1. maclaw21 macrumors regular

I'm looking to sync my Outlook Notes via my work Exchange account. Despite syncing my Exchange mail, calendar, and tasks, iOS6 apparently does not sync note (i.e. I don't even have the option to do so). So far I haven't found any third-party apps that will allow me to do so. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

In outlook, I write a lot of work-related notes as draft emails. Its just a habit I got into - partly because email editing is better (and it has undo!). I never send them, obviously, since they're only notes to myself. Many have been sitting in my PC's drafts folder for years.

So I'm wondering if I moved them all to a separate folder in outlook, if I could sync that with my phone? That would be neat, because I already sync personal notes from my macs with my phone and want to maintain a work/personal separation. I'm going to give it a try later. Will report back. Thanks for asking the question. Got me thinking! :)

3. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

This is not a bad idea at all. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. That said, I'd still prefer to be able to do this natively or with the use of a third-party app.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Did you try "IMExchange2"? Not sure if it still works or works with all versions of Exchange.

5. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

Now that you mention it, I have. I wasn't that enamored with it. It appears it hasn't been updated since July 2011.