Syncing from iTunes to android

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Mavimao, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Hello!

I've been given an old Logicom L-ement550 running Android 4.4.2 and I've decided to put in a large sd card and repurpose it as an MP3 player for the car.

I was just wondering if there was an app where I could easily transfer my iTunes collection to the phone and even automatically convert any Apple Lossless files I have to aac or mp3? Kind of like how iTunes does when trasnferring to an iPhone or iPod.

Thank you!

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

iSyncr from the playstore is your friend. It will sync all of your iTunes content to your Android devices. Works like a champ :)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep iSyncr. You need to download the desktop/laptop plugin - you will be prompted when you first start iSync on your android device.

4. SigEp265 macrumors regular

i used to use doubleTwist ... has wifi sync abilities as well

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

All I do is drag and drop my music from the iTunes folder to my phone.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's possible, but you would need to use android file transfer on a Mac to even gain access to the phones file menu.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I take my SD card out of my S7 Edge, plug it into either my Mac or SP3 and drag and drop, then plug the card back into the phone. This is what I meant to say above but wasn't thinking.

If the phone doesn't have an SD card then yes, you need another app. The OPs phone has an SD card.

8. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Thank you everyone for your help and recommendations. As soon as our internet technician comes and fixes our connection woes, I'll give isyncr a whirl.

9. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

iSyncr + Poweramp.

I actually use Spotify for that nowadays, it's got its problems (to put it mildly) but it allows me to use only one app to manage all my music.

10. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Why don't you use Google Play Music? You can download an app that syncs your iTunes playlists to Google, and allows you to stream music instead of having it stored locally, as well as listening to your music online via the web interface.

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yep works great

So much easier to transfer from Apple devices than it used to be

12. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

The thing is I'm using the device with no SIM card. It's an old phone and I'm just using it as a local device in the car. Putting in a 10€ SD card is much cheaper than finding a large capacity ipod.

13. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

I don't follow... you don't need to stream with Google play music, you can download it as well so no need for wifi or data.

14. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I don't know Google Music so you're probably correct, but I will admit your reply suggested otherwise:

Why don't you use Google Play Music? You can download an app that syncs your iTunes playlists to Google, and allows you to stream music instead of having it stored locally, as well as listening to your music online via the web interface.

15. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

I could see why you'd be confused, I assumed most people knew it allowed you to store it locally, I meant in addition to that you could stream it of you didn't have the space to store it all.