Syncing Genius Data Every time??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Scott-n-Houston, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

This just started with my iPhone 5. I didn't have this issue on the 4S in iOS5 or iOS6.

All the searching I've done has lead me to threads about iOS5.

How can I fix this? Why is it doing it every time? It 'copies' 1900 things... not sure what of Genius data every sync!:mad:

Thanks in advance.

2. SantaFeNM macrumors newbie

SantaFeNM

Same issue

I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen with iOS 6 and iTunes 10.7.

Even though Genius is not being updated, it is re-syncing the Genius data for over 3,300 songs every time I sync my iPod to iTunes. That is half of my library. Very, very, irritating and slow. :mad:

I cannot find any answers on how to solve this. I even did a full restore of my iPod to see if it would stop if from happening. It did not, which makes me think the error is occurring in iTunes 10.7.

I would love to know if there is an answer to this problem. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait for the major revamp of iTunes that is suppose to be happening soon, and possibly an update to iOS 6.1.

3. room237 macrumors 6502

Same issue

I'm having the same problem with my iphone 5, but i was having this problem with the 4 on ios5. It became so irritating that I just stopped syncing it with the computer period. Just got a new MBP and was hoping I wouldn't have the problem in Mountain Lion, but no, same problem.

4. jmoo2 macrumors newbie

Try this

This worked for me (under Win8 on iTunes 11.1)

* Sign out of all accounts in iTunes; this deletes Genius data
    * Sign back in and for each go to Account > Settings > Recommendations
    * Make sure that recommendations & genius is off
    * Sync iPhone - no more genius data transfer.

@MrJamesMoore

5. rneglia macrumors 6502

rneglia

Agreed. If they don't sort this out soon, I may have to stop syncing the iPhone with iTunes entirely. Making me nuts!

Argg.