Syncing Google contacts goes wrong with Google maps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DanielJvdBerg, Jul 16, 2008.

1. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Hey guys I'll keep it short.

Have an iPhone 3G synced with my Google contacts.
    I'm from The Netherlands though so I have addresses like this, that's how we do address formatting in Holland:

(Street name) Imastreet 31
    (Postal code + city) 1124 GB Amsterdam
    (Optional, province) Noord-Holland

It syncs to a contact, I open the contact in my contact application, tap the address and Google maps opens, but it puts "Verenigde Staten" (Dutch for United States) after EVERY address!! It drives me nuts because I have to correct it every single time because the app can't find this address in the United States (doh it's in Holland).

I already tried putting "Nederland" instead of "Noord-Holland" so it knows sure what country to fill in, but still "Verenigde Staten" is put in.

Anyone has any help:confused:or idea how to report this stupid bug to Apple? I would like to assist them in reporting this so..

Greetings, Daniël B.

2. higgalls macrumors regular

Hey,

I don't know if this will help or not, but have you checked the Region Format (Settings -> General -> Region Format)? I'm not sure whether it will change the address format or not though.

3. DanielJvdBerg thread starter macrumors regular

I did another check on this in this is indeed all to "Nederland (The Netherlands)" and "Amsterdam" etc. So this must be a bug. Anyone else got this problem?