Syncing Google Contacts in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ol!ver, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

For some reason I'm finding this harder than I should !

I'm ticking the check box to tell Address Book to sync with Google, and it accepts my username and password fine. The problem is nothing gets synced. I have a full Address Book but nothing gets moved over to Google Contacts.

Am I missing something stupid ?

Cheers

2. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

You can force a sync by opening up iSync and syncing it from there. Even though it may say that a "MobileMe" account is not set up, it should still sync to Google. Go to iSync preferences and put iSync status in the menu bar and then you can sync without opening up iSync. By default, it syncs with Google about once an hour. I don't think there's a way to change the automatic sync interval.

Hope this helps!
    -Tuck

3. grinny11 macrumors regular

The Tuck,

Do you know how to set higher quality pictures of people in apple address book. When I set them there and open them on my iphone they are really low quality. If i set the picture on my Iphone, they remain high quality.

4. Ol!ver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies.

Got it sort of working, but having all sorts of problems with iCal. A look around the internet tells me I'm not on my own. I'm back to MobileMe for now.