Syncing Google's "Other Calendars" with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daihard, Oct 16, 2010.

1. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Hi.

I am wondering if this is possible. Google Calendar has the feature to add "interesting calendars" to yours, such as "US Holidays" and sport events. I've added "US Holidays" to my Google calendar. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to sync with iPhone by default. I would like to know if there's a way to have such interesting calendars show up on the iPhone.

FYI I use iPhone's Exchange feature to sync Google mail and calendar. I've tried IMAP too, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Ksg89 macrumors member

try m.google.com/sync through safari on your phone.

3. kopite19 macrumors regular

I've been trying this as I wanted my football teams fixtures synched to my phone. Everything I tried has failed. Setting up via Exchange, imap and synching via m.google.com/sync only syncs my own calender and not the "other".
    A guide I read talked about going into the settings of the other calender and looking for an iCal link and importing it into iCal, but there's no such link within these "Other" calenders...so I'm not sure it can be done.

I've now found a similar calender on iCalshare.com (here's a link to the US Holidays - http://icalshare.com/calendars/7) which may help.

4. samh macrumors 6502

I don't believe Google's sync API allows for these "other" calendars to sync.

5. siufai macrumors member

Setup gmail as an exchange account on the iPhone and check Calendar
    Open Safari on the iPhone
    Go to m.google.com/sync
    Select your device
    Check the box next to the Calendars you want to sync to the phone and then click Save.

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I would recommend Pocket Informant. The free version sync with all my calendars.
    For some reason I just can't access m.google.com/sync. It said my new iPT is not a compatible device.

7. mmgonella macrumors newbie

How to sync googles 'interesting calendars'

I was able to sync the 'moon phase calendar' on my iphone which found in Google's interesting calendar's, by going to google.com/calendar/syncselect. I'm happy with that.

8. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

Here's how to add US Holidays to your stock Calendar on iPhone. There's 32 days, including Tax Day.

Attached Files: