Syncing iCal / Address Book, Google Cal / Contacts, Windows Smartphone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eric1285, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

Okay, so I know this is a tall order, but here's what I'd like to do.

I would like to have all my devices synced together. When I make a change on one, I want it to be reflected on all others (preferably instantly over the internet, since everything works with the internet). The devices/apps I use are the following:

MacBook Pro with Leopard (Address Book, iCal, Mail)
    Motorola Q with Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition (On the Sprint network with unlimited data)
    Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Contacts

I'm wondering if there's a way to get all this stuff synced together. My New Year's resolution is to get organized, and I find that I don't keep track of events/tasks very well because I don't use any single system. Some of my stuff is on google calendar, some of it on my phone...I just want it all to be the same, no matter where I look. This way, I won't miss anything anymore (can anyone say 2.9 GPA because I pretty much never turned in homework on time and missed a bunch of assignments? A 3.0 would have gotten me my $4k scholarship back, although I'll fight for it anyways).

I know that missing sync can sync my mac apps with my phone. Is there some way to tie the Google apps into this so that I can access my info from any computer?

Currently, I really only use a calendar to keep track of my stuff. My phone contacts are in my phone, email contacts are in gmail and Leopard's Mail App. I want to get into the habit of using a calendar and notes / to-do system every day, and I've heard good things about the apps in Leopard. I just want it all to work with my phone AND with google apps.

If anyone out there has a solution, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Spanning Sync will sync iCal and Google Cal. One of my favorite apps. Other than that, I can't help. Good luck!

3. Eric1285 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure if it plays nice with the missing sync though. If they played nicely together, then that would solve my problems (I think). It's just that missing sync costs $40 and spanning sync costs $65. That's a lot of money to drop for something I'm not sure will work. I'm hoping someone else has done what I want to do and can either confirm this works, or has another idea. Thanks for your reply!

4. B3ndy macrumors newbie

I use GSync, available on SourceForge, https://sourceforge.net/projects/googlesync/

It works really well, between iCal and Google Calendar. For my iPhone I use MobileMe at the moment while its free, but will look for something else soon.