Syncing iCal and Address book with LG ev3, and maybe music too

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fr3nch, Oct 31, 2009.

1. fr3nch macrumors newbie

So the company I work for gives Verizon cell phones to their employes. This is good because I get free cell service, and bad because the version phones I get are crappy. I just upgraded to an LG enV3 and really want to sync it with ical and address book on my mac. I wouldn't mind getting some music on there too. I have been searching on the internet for a half hour now and haven't found anything.

I really don't care what I have to do in terms of software hacks, firmware, whatever. Just sick of having Verizon cripple the technology on their phones so I have to pay for their crappy data transfer service to put things on there. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. The obvious solution of "go buy an iphone" is unfortunately out of the question right now. Haha

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

LG does not play nice with Apple. There are no apps to sync, as far as I know. Don't remember if the phone shows up on the desktop as a drive (I had an EnV and could not wait to get rid of it -- actually paid $$ to upgrade just to get rid of it -- terrible sound/voice quality), but if it shows up as a drive you might be able to drag music to it that way. Think you are out of luck, though on calendar and contacts.

3. Darjeeling macrumors newbie