Syncing iCal between 2 macs with 3G/ios4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RebelScum, Jul 4, 2010.

1. RebelScum macrumors 6502

Ran into a problem today, maybe someone can help.

I have 2 computers, my MBP and my iMac.

Today I made some entries into iCal on the MBP. I synced the phone to the MBP and the phone calendar updated fine, but when I synced the phone to my iMac, the entries didn't show up in iCal. Instead, the iPhone's calendar replaced all those date's entries with the entries I had in iCal on the iMac.

I am not using MobileMe (I don't even have an account.)

Any thoughts? I've spent all too much time on this already and I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

Cheers

2. Enad macrumors newbie

Enad

iCal

I've had issues with one iMac, 2 iphones, and 2 ipod touches. Make sure the calendar is set to show all entries, because you can set it to say show only birthdays...etc. That was one of our mistakes. Also, make sure you have the iCal sync box checked and we uncheck the "do not sync older than 30 days" box to keep things the same across the board. Good luck.

3. stoutdog101 macrumors member

If you are willing to go an extra step or two (and spend 20 minutes in setup), there is a relatively easy way to keep all three devices in sync, for free. Google Calendar: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99358#ical

What you will need to do is "export" your calendar(s) to your desktop and upload them to gCal (create a google account, as well, if you don't already have one). You can then set up CalDav to sync your gCal with both of your Macs (it's a two-way sync, so you never have to open gCal ever again, if you don't want to) and you can set up a Microsoft Exchange account on your iPhone to sync with the Calendar app.

This should keep all your calendars up to date, without the need to plug your iPhone into each computer every time you make a change.

4. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

I didn't think that you could sync between two iCal sources. At least I was never able to do so. Your probably not going to like the solution I came up with, but I use MobileMe now and have 3 Mac iCal calendars that are kept in sync and of course it wirelessly keeps my iPhone in sync. If you dont want to pay for that, check out google. You can do something similar with googlecal.

Good luck