Syncing iCal & Google calendars

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Mar 29, 2010.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Hi

Trying to get them to talk to each other - I've input the Google account into iCal preferences, and it shows up fine.

But I seem only able to sync one way - if I add an appointment in Google Calendar - then sync - it shows up fine in iCal.

But if I add an event in iCal and then sync - it doesn't show up on the Google Calandar.

Any ideas?

cheers
    :)

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have become a bit frustrated with google and iCal. I never quite got things working the way I wanted. I suspect the google end of things is as much to blame as iCal. I use a Blackberry phone. When I sync via usb, events show up in iCal and MobileMe pushes them to my MobileMe calendar and to my iPod Touch. I also have a link to google calendar but I don't allow it to sync. I've had duplicates show up when I allowed it to sync so I simply leave it shut off. I'm looking for a better solution.

Both Apple and Google seem to be fairly set in their ways. Needless to say, so is RIM. But at least RIM works well for my email on the go needs so it is the calendar that is the "master" in my scheme of things.

I'm sorry I'm not offering any help but I want to let you know that getting 2 services like iCal and google calendar to work together the way you expect them to is not trivial.

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Strangely - as far as I can recall, it worked fine when I first set it up in November.....

4. Arrandale macrumors regular

if it's a one time sync, then you can export the google calendar into ical format which ical easily imports

5. Blindfutur3 macrumors member

Blindfutur3

Check out BusySync and BusyCal.

After buying BusyCal I've never looked back.