Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoghvn1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
I set up my iCal with some appointments. I have my iMac time zone set to East-Indiana and my iPod time zone set to the nearest city of Indianapolis. My problem is that when I sync my calendar, the ipod shows the appointment times as one hour later than I set up in iCal. I figured this had to be a time zone problem but discovered what I said above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:apple:iMac 20" (Finally a Mac User...Goodbye Dell, HP, Windows, etc...No looking back!)

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Isn't Indianapolis in the Central Time Zone, and East-Indiana is the part of Indiana that is in the Eastern Time Zone, so that's where your hour difference is coming from.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just set both timezones to Detroit. There may still be confusion between them due to the switch over from Indiana always being on EST to now observing EDT.

TEG

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Isn't Indianapolis in the Central Time Zone, and East-Indiana is the part of Indiana that is in the Eastern Time Zone, so that's where your hour difference is coming from.

All of Indiana, except for counties around Chicago and Louisville are in Eastern Time. It has to do with the recient change where they observe daylight saving time. More than likely it is an older iPod which still has the old data, and iCal is adjusting the time automatically.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.