syncing iCloud on iPad, iPhone, iMac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by zedleppelin, Feb 15, 2014.

1. zedleppelin macrumors newbie

I've never really bothered setting up my iCloud or getting all my devices to be synced together.

I have an iPhone 4, just recently bought an iPad Mini 2 and also recently bought an iMac.

I have about 300 pictures already on the iPad Mini 2 and I have about 300 pictures that are on my iPhone that are different from my iPads pictures. I also have a lot of notes on my iPad and iPhone that are different but I want everything thats on my iPad to also be on my iPhone and everything thats on my iPhone to also be on my iPad.

I tried syncing into the same iCloud on all my devices and when I do this the notes and stuff on my iMac are transferred to my iPad and iPhone and when I type something new on my iMac the new words transfer to the notes app on both devices. However, the notes on my iPad and iPhone aren't transferred to each other or the iMac and when I type something new on either mobile device nothing is transferred.

Can someone help me get all my data synced? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If theres a troubleshooting area of this forum that I missed I apologize and feel free to move this post there.

Thanks for the help. :eek:

2. Rossdillon macrumors newbie

For note you have to log into the cloud and activate an email address before that portion will share.

In my opinion, it's really silly that favorites will share based on your Apple ID but notes requires establishing yet another email address that'll never use.