Syncing iMessage, OSX, iOS & PC ??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AzDesertTroll, Jan 6, 2013.

1. AzDesertTroll macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

I have searched already and getting mixed answers, but mostly leaning towards the "it can't be done" side of the conversation.....

I work overseas in a country where internet is pretty much crap all the time. The main and most reliable way to communicate with my wife back in the states is via iMessage from my Mac, iPhone or iPad to her iPhone.

For short conversations this works okay but it is a pain for her trying to have conversations for more than a few minutes. It would be nice if she could transition to her PC and carry on the conversation via a full sized keyboard.

Is there a way to sync conversations between the iPhone and a PC-WIN7 computer the same way it does through the Mac systems? Either with Apple or third party applications?

Thanks in advance.

2. brightjc@me.com macrumors member

brightjc@me.com

Alternatives to iMessage

I don't think that a Windows PC can run iMessage - it only works on Apple devices. However you can type to each other on either Skype or Facebook which BOTH can run on IOS, Mac & PC.

3. AzDesertTroll thread starter macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

Not sure why I didn't think of Skype before....I was more focused on trying to get her to switch to Mac I think...lol

Will she be able to use Skype on her iPhone (4) when not on WiFi?

4. brightjc@me.com macrumors member

brightjc@me.com

Skype Sync

You can get Skype apps for PC, Mac & IOS all will Sync automatically.